The Dept.of Anesthesiology in CSH is a well equipped one with all the modern and state of the art facilities and served by experienced anaesthesiologists.
Patient & Family Bill Of Rights
We are honored by your choosing to be treated in our hospital. In order to make your experience with us as comfortable as possible, we have drawn a list of privileges for you and your family. A written copy of this list will be made available to you at the Reception, Admission or in the Ward. If, for any reason, you have difficulties in understanding them, please contact Customer Service (extension 470 or 896) for any help including providing an interpreter (if any).
You have the right to:
- Receive impartial care respecting your personal values and beliefs from all staff without discrimination, according Canadian Specialist Hospital Rules and Regulations
- Receive a comprehensive medical care aiming to reach proper medical diagnosis and treatment of your illness and injury
- Receive an immediate emergency care or whenever needed with no delay
- The organization respects and supports your right to appropriate assessment and pain management and provides education to you and your family about pain and pain management
- Receive from the healthcare team or the treating physician (once the final diagnosis is confirmed) in a simple understandable manner, a comprehensive information about your diagnosis, proposed treatment, any changes in your health status and causes of such changes, alternative treatments, probabilities of treatment success or failure, therapy advantages and disadvantages (if any), possible problems related to treatment and expected results of ignoring the treatment before giving your written Consent for admission, treatment, surgical procedures, any anesthesia, transfusion of blood and blood products, and any other invasive procedure at Canadian Specialist Hospital
- Have an interpreter (upon availability) if the language presents a barrier to understand the details of your comprehensive medical care
- Canadian Specialist Hospital encourages patients, parents or legal guardians to the extend they wish, to participate in planning and implementing the treatment along with their treating team, nurses and physicians
- Know the identity (name and specialty) of the physician responsible for your care
- Choose your treating team (depending on availability), in addition to reject them upon a genuine reason. You have the right to refuse examination or observation by any person not directly responsible for your care. In such an event, such persons should have your permission to be present during case discussion, consultation, examination and treatment*.
- Refuse to sign the informed consent of treatment or before surgical, invasive procedures, anesthesia, the use of blood and its products and any other high-risk procedures and treatment.
- To seek a second opinion without fear of compromise to your care within or outside the organization.
- Refuse / discontinue the treatment (if you would like to) and to be informed of the medical consequences due to your refusal / discontinuation. Accordingly, you will sign a form prepared to that effect.*
- Receive upon discharge the therapeutic plan and instructions for care of your health
- If you are asked to participate to a medical scientific or educational activity, you have the right to give a written consent or refusal. Furthermore, you have the right to end your participation at any time for any reason without affecting the quality of the medical services provided to you
- Receive a complete explanation of causes requiring your transfer to another healthcare center – should need arises – consequent obligations (financial and administrative, if any) and alternatives. The hospital management will make all the necessary arrangements to obtain the alternate medical center approval to receive you before starting the transferring process.
- Obtain upon your request a medical report and a copy of medical test results from Medical Records Section for which the hospital will charge you according to Canadian Specialist Hospital Rules and Regulations.
- You have the right to view your medical record under the supervision of the doctor or the medical team who is in charge of your treatment, according to the hospital policy & regulations.
- Your medical information will not be revealed to anyone without your written consent or a request from a legal authority
- Enjoy privacy while carrying out all examinations, procedures, and treatment (including while being transported), and maintain confidentiality of all your information.
- Receive a detailed bill explaining all the charges at any time of the treatment stage regardless if they were paid by you or by another source
- We support patient and family choice / decision to donate organs and tissues. (Although we don’t provide this service ourselves). However, if you need any information, please contact our Customer Service (extension 470 or 896)) or please go to Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (tel. no. 00971 2 610 2000) in Abu Dhabi.
- Be protected from physical, verbal and psychological assault.
- Have your valuables safely kept from loss or theft
- According to Hospital Policies and Procedures and depending on availability and your health status, you have the right to have a family member or a guardian as an escort (if need be). Due to medical reasons certain units will not allow this. E.g. ICU, OT, etc
Place your suggestions, comments and complaints on our services at the Customer Service Office. In this way you help us serve you better.